Get yourself the best free video editing software for Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android. That you can use to edit long-form content.
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- Movie Maker 10
The best free Video editing software refers to tools that help businesses successfully edit, modify, generate, or manipulate a video or movie file. You can add and cut effects to give the video a better flow, extract sections, and improve the video. Companies, regardless of size, can benefit from a good video editor to create powerful video content. There are a lot of desktop-based editing software available for businesses to create promotional videos. The biggest advantage best free video editing software for desktop is that they have more features than most mobile video editing apps.
The best overall free video editing software
LightWorks includes a simple and intuitive interface, so it is easy to choose. The free video editor also offers a collection of detailed video tutorials, which make the Linux video editing software option on this list more accessible and easier to learn.
LightWorks has a suite of original stock videos and music clips that you are licensed to use in any video edit in the program, which gives you a polished look to any marketing video.
- High-quality simple trim function for fast and accurate video editing
- Speed optimization when importing new content, lets you edit
- Multicam editing to synchronize clips from multiple cameras
- Real-time team project sharing with full control over which the user has access
- Video sharing is easy with rapid export to YouTube, Facebook and Instagram
- Support for a wide range of video formats
|Pro Version||$24.99 Per Month|
|Available for||Windows, Mac, and Linux|
Best free video editing software for beginners
VideoPad is a great free option for those who want to make high quality videos without any expense. With VideoPad, you’ll find a variety of simple and easy-to-use features – such as 3D video editing and a sound effect library – to try out various video creations and styles.
You can edit your video with special effects, overlays, texts and transitions, as well as color adjustments and sound effects. Then export all your finished videos to YouTube, Facebook, Google Drive and other mobile devices quickly and easily.
The only drawback is that it can be too simple for advanced video editors. It does not come with as many advanced features as some other free video editing software in this list, but with options for adding lighting effects, fine tune colors and overlay text and images, here it is enough to make it free . download.
- Double built-in screen for easy and intuitive editing (to preview a selected clip, to preview a full sequence)
- Pre-made, customizable transitions for polished professionalism
- Exporting presets to easily create customized video files for specific platforms – such as Facebook and YouTube – and posting them directly from within the software
- Publishing tool for sharing social media and sharing videos instantly
- A large library of video transitions and visual effects for video optimization
- Video optimization tools, such as stabilization.
#3 VSDC Free Video Editor
Best free video editing software for Windows only
VSDC’s desktop best free video editing software is available as both a free and paid version. Although the free version lacks features, it also comes with VSDC’s full video editing suite – including a mask tool and Chroma’s functionality for green-screen video effects.
If you have the spring money for the full version, the suite of tools extends to include video stabilization, strong post-production effects, slide show / presentation capabilities, 3D diagram templates, and direct social media publishing.
- Color-correction tools for a more professional look
- A full suite of transitional effects
- Similar to what you find on Instagram is an easy-to-use image filter
- Mask tool to hide, blur or highlight specific elements
- Links to share videos on social media Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo
- HEVC / H.265 (an advanced video-compression standard), to maintain the highest quality at the minimum file size – required for 4K and processing files
Available for: Windows
Price: Free | Pro version: $19.99 for
The easiest free video editing software for intermediate editors
OpenShot’s easy-to-use user interface makes it a great video editing program for beginners. Although more complex tools may offer more editing components, OpenShot’s intuitive interface and minimal design are perfect for simple editing.
OpenShot is an efficient option for small businesses and is best for clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, and rotation. The credit also offers scrolling, frame stepping, time mapping, audio editing, and real-time preview.
- Unlimited layers for watermarks, background video and audio tracks
- Customizable title card template
- Drag-and-drop functionality to easily add video, audio or image files
- Digital video effects, including glare, gamma, hue, grayscale, and chroma keys, which create the green-screen effect.
- Powerful keyframe animation capabilities to create animated videos
Available for: Windows, Mac, and Linux
The Best Open-Source Movie Maker For Audio files
Shotcut is an open-source, cross-platform video editor with a large collection of tutorial videos. It supports a wide range of formats including FFmpeg, 4K, PrRes, and DNxHD. However, one caveat is that Shotcut was originally designed for Linux, so some may find the interface a bit bizarre. Despite this, it is still a top editor.
Shotcut also offers extensive audio editing options, making it ideal for audiophiles. Its host of fine tuning audio tools allow users to make bass and treble adjustments, create bandpass filters, adjust gain, add dynamic compression, and more.
- Support for the latest audio and video formats through the leading multimedia framework FFmpeg
- Native timeline editing, which allows users to import video files directly into their project file instead of media library
- Multi-format timeline to match and match the resolution and frame rate within a project
- Advanced audio filters such as balance, bass and treble, bandpass filters, compressors and more
Available for: Windows, Mac, and Linux
#6 Movie Maker 10
Best free video editing software for Windows 10
Movie Maker 10 is a convenient video editing software for Windows for those who want to get back to basics. This is great for quick editing short video clips that you need to prepare immediately.
Movie Maker 10 comes with a free version that includes video and picture editing tools as well as the ability to add captions with customizable fonts and colors.
- Auto-preview tool for editing and effects
- Auto-movie option to make customizable cuts of your video clips
- Animation tab to easily add music, title, and credits
Available for: Windows
The best free video editing software online
WeVideo is the best cloud-based online video editor for businesses, teachers, students and everyday consumers. You can access it from anywhere that has Internet: home, work, school, etc. All files are stored in a secure cloud, where you can edit, watch and share videos in minutes.
With weVideo, you can add cool features like a professional-grade green screen without the cost or hassle. When you buy a business plan, there are over a million pieces of stock media ranging from videos, pictures and audio files. Even with the free version, you can easily create videos on social media, web and mobile displays – all with unlimited storage and not for downloading or installing software.
- Stock media library with over one million images, videos and music assets
- Ability to export video in 4K resolution
- Branded templates with your logo so you always have a unified look
- Shared project libraries to manage and collaborate with teams
- Unlimited cloud storage to create endless videos
- Rich editing tools including green screen, animated text, screen recording, and more
Available for: Chromebook, Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android
Price: Free, paid plans start at $4.99 per month