Guru has been given special importance in all religions. In Hinduism, Guru is considered more than God. The festival of Guru Purnima signifies the special place of Guru in life. On this day, by honoring and respecting the Guru, blessings are obtained. It has been told in the scriptures that it is difficult to get the knowledge of a Bana Guru. A good guru works to bring light in life, due to which only light starts shining in life. The light of knowledge dispels all darkness. That is why the place of Guru is paramount.
When is Guru Purnima 2021?
The month of Ashadha is considered to be the fourth month of the Hindu calendar. According to the Panchang, July 24, 2021 is the full moon date of Shukla Paksha of Ashadha month. This full moon is also known as Ashadhi Purnima and Ashadha Guru Purnima.
Receive Guru’s blessings
One should try to take the blessings of the Guru regularly. In the scriptures, the festival of Guru Purnima is dedicated to the Gurus. In Hinduism, Guru is considered to be more revered than God. According to astrology, the rainy season begins with the festival of Guru Purnima. On this day the special virtue of bathing and donating in the holy river is also mentioned. The birthday of Maharishi Vyas, the author of Mahabharata, is also celebrated on this day. That is why it is also called Vyas Purnima.
Top Guru Purnima 2021 Quotes
- Today is the best day to pay tribute to all the gurus in our life. Happy Guru Purnima!
- On the auspicious day of Guru Purnima, let us make an oath for our life to follow the steps of our Guru. Happy Guru Purnima!
- Be grateful towards who made you meet yourself. Happy Guru Purnima!
- There will be no darkness in your life, when there is the ray of light of your blessings and teachings. Happy Guru Purnima!
- To the world, you may be just a teacher but to your students, you are a hero! May god’s blessings always shower on you. Happy Guru Purnima!
- You are the inspiration who made me fight every hurdle in life. It wouldn’t have been possible without you. Happy Guru Purnima!
- You introduced me to myself and showed me the right way. Thanks for making me who I am. Wish you a Happy Guru Purnima Day
- A Guru’s purpose is not to create shishya in his own image, but to develop shishya who can create their own image.
- A guru is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others. Happy Guru Purnima Day
- The best Guru teach from the heart, not from the books. Happy Guru Purnima Day
- Life needs some power to push you up, Guru is that super power. Happy Guru Purnima!
Best Gifts for your true Guru
Speech on Guru Purnima
It is my honor to present before a speech on Guru Purnima, also called as Vyasa Purnima. As teachers are believed to be one of the incarnations of Guru, I would like to begin my speech by heartily welcoming and respecting all the teachers and principals present here.
India is considered to be a land of Gurus, spiritual masters, and teachers. Guru Purnima is a major traditional festival that is celebrated throughout India with great fervor and zeal by Hindus and Buddhists. This day is celebrated on the full moon of the Ashadh month in the month of June or July. It is done to honor all the enlightened masters, Gurus, and teachers who have dedicated all their lives towards self-realization and spreading enlightenment throughout the world without any personal gain. This day is widely celebrated to recognize the significant contribution of teachers in our life. It is a day to remind the importance of Gurus and pay our respect to them.
There is an ancient slokas derived from the scriptures to summarizes the significance of a Guru. “Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnuhu, Guru Devo Maheswaraha,Guru Saakshaat Parabhrahma, Tasmai Sri Gurve Nam”. A ‘Guru’ is remembered with great devotion and reverence. A Guru is the one who has been given significance more than God. He teaches life lessons to people and lead them to glory.